Everyone dreams of winning the lottery! Me too! But, I've never played the lottery. There is something about paying money for tickets when I'm not guaranteed a return. I just won't do it. I'd prefer to enter free sweepstakes, like the American Family $50,000 Sweepstakes. Here is a list of things I would do if I won:
1. Pay off credit card debt. This does not sound like fun, but it's been weighing me down for years. Some poor choices in my early 20s, medical expenses, and car accidents have put me a good amount in the hole. Freedom from debt is my #1 goal right now.
2. Pay off student loans. Again, not fun, but necessary. I went to a private school, so my loans are pretty big. I've paid about half of them off so far.
3. Treat my friends to a celebratory dinner. I love getting together with my friends. I love being able to enjoy things with them and not worry about the cost. Many of my friends are in the same boat as me: young and stuck in an entry level position (or even jobless). I know that they would appreciate the small expression of gratitude for being a close friend to me.
4. Take a trip to Italy. Not only is it half of my family heritage, I have always loved everything Italian: the art, language, architecture, music, and of course the food!
5. Rent a house. I'm in a cozy 730 square foot apartment with 2 labs with a combined weight of 150 lbs. They are so energetic and need to be able to run around. I'd love to have a place with a doggie door to a backyard they can play in.
6. Go on a shopping spree. I'm not a huge shopper, mainly because I don't have money to buy new clothes every month. I also have been losing weight and don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes I can only wear for a couple months. I probably go shopping for clothes twice a year. Crazy, right?!
7. Help out my family with their debt. My 24 year old brother already has collections after him for a medical bill. How does that happen?! No one that young should have credit issues, in my opinion. My parents have done so much for their 7 children, that I would love to help them out financially.
8. Donate to charity, or take a week off work to volunteer my time. I used to volunteer a lot in high school and college and I miss it! I really need to make an effort to get back into it. But I would really love to afford taking a week off of work to go on a mission trip.
9. Beautify my car. I have a 2004 Toyota Camry. It's a good car. I have never had any problems with it. I will probably drive it until it dies. But there are little things that bother me about it's appearance. I'm very neat and the inside of my car is spotless, but there are things I can't control, like chipped pain, dirty fabric, tiny dents or door dings, etc. I'd love to have all that touched up so it looks like new again!
10. And lastly, I would finally buy a lottery ticket. Hey, it's not money I earned so I won't feel bad buying a lottery ticket. :)
What would you do if you won $50,000??? Don't forget to enter the sweepstakes!!